30 August 2012

Rhonda's Salsa

Ingredients
3- 14.5oz  cans of diced tomatoes (drained)
3 4 chipotle jalapenos
2 garlic cloves
3/4 bunch of cilantro
2 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 yellow onion
5 broiled green chili's or 1 small can (4 oz drained)
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika

I blend all the ingredients except the green chili's.  I put them in last so the salsa is a little chunky

*If  you like more salt, pepper or cumin, add it one 1/2 teaspoon at a time.

*** This was the first time I put fresh green chili's in my recipe. I lined the cookie sheet with foil and then put the green chili's on top of the foil. Next, I broiled them until they were all black. Then I took them out of the oven and wrapped the green chili's up in the foil. Now they are being steamed and the skins will come off easily. I seeded the chili's and peeled the skin off. I decided to put all the blackened skin in the salsa to see how it taste. It was good, I actually couldn't taste the difference, maybe I needed more. I just like the look of black specks in the salsa.

Thanks for spending some of your day with me, Rhonda