12 November 2012

Barbecue Baked Beans

recipe from "This Gal Cooks"     

I saw this recipe on This Gal Cooks blog, a few days  ago and couldn't wait to try it. 
These are now a Nelsen Family Favorite...I can't wait to bring them to the next barbecue. 
If you are taking them to a barbecue, you will need to triple the recipe. I probably will only use 16 oz. of bacon.  
 
Ingredients

 8oz of bacon 
1 16oz can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 15.8oz can of northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 C brown sugar
2 1/2 tbsp molasses
1/2 C ketchup
3/4 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp liquid smoke
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
***Note I didn't have molasses so I used agave nectar. 
  • Cook the bacon in a large pan, then remove the bacon from the pan and set aside, leaving the bacon grease in the pan.
  • Cook the onion in the pan of bacon grease and cook until tender.
  • In a mixing bowl, combine the: molasses, cayenne pepper, ketchup, ground mustard, sugar, salt, liquid smoke. Mix in with the onion and bacon grease. Add the beans and mix well.
  • Pour the beans into a baking dish and place the cooked bacon on top. Bake on 350 for 30 minutes.

I was so happy to find out that Julie featured the Apple Dump cake I posted to her linky party last week.  Click here to see it.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda!
    Thanks for doing a post about my beans! I am glad that you liked them. I made them again on Saturday!

    Have a great day!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the store today to buy molasses so I can make them again. CAN'T wait. I am so glad I found this recipe.
    Julie G.~ if you have the time make these beans, make them. I am so picky when it comes to baked beans and these are delicious!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl...this doesn't look anything like the picture on This Gal Cooks. Is that a dog bowl??

    Teresa Talks Back

    ReplyDelete