16 November 2012

Dessert/Breakfast Crepes


Recipe from Allrecipe
I loved going downstairs and eating my aunts crepes when I was a child.   I think she is the reason I love to cook.  I remember thinking she was a famous chef and that people loved to eat her food.    In my mind she was a celebrity chef and people gathered near her because of her infectious personality and good food.  So if you make these crepes, think of my Aunt Dorthy.  This is not my aunts recipe, I actually don't have any, to bad blogging wasn't around 25 years ago.
 
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/3 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
    Directions
  1. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter, flour sugar and salt until smooth.
  2. Heat a medium-sized skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Grease pan with a small amount of butter or oil applied with a brush or paper towel. Using a serving spoon or small ladle, spoon about 3 tablespoons crepe batter into hot pan, tilting the pan so that bottom surface is evenly coated. Cook over medium heat, 1 to 2 minutes on a side, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.



Spread the jelly or Nutella on the crepe, fold the two sides in and roll it up. I put sour cream and jelly on mine but the boys like jelly in the middle and Reddi Whip on top.








7 comments:

  1. I am glad u shared this receipe. It looks easy enough for me to do. I love crepes and it has been forever since I have had one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so easy and really good. I love crepes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazingly delicious! I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you grew up with your aunt making these tasty crepes... thank you so much for sharing them on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Julie, Alana and Diane. These crepes are easy and delicious. Thanks for following me Alana, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-10.html



    I hope you can make it!

    ,

    Cheers,

    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kathy, I just joined the party, thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete