Recipe from: Come Together KidsI made an apple dump cake last week with pie filling and didn't like the pie filling. I loved the topping and the recipe is so easy. So, I found this recipe and love it. This recipe is so easy and delicious, my favorite apple recipe so far.
* 5 fresh apples peeled (1/4 in. thick)
* box of yellow cake mix
* 1 stick of butter
1. Spray a pie dish with cooking spray.
2. Dump the apples in the dish and spread them evenly over the bottom.
3. Pour a layer of dry cake mix over the apples. (You might not have to use the whole bag, use just enough to cover the apples with a decent layer)
4. Melt a stick of butter and pour the melted butter evenly over the cake mix.
5. Sprinkle a little apple pie spice or cinnamon over the top.
6. Bake at 350* for about 35-45 minutes until the top is slightly golden and the apples are hot and bubbly. (Note: with about 10-15 minutes left in the cooking time, peek in at your cobbler. If you notice there are some dry patches of cake mix, you can sprinkle just a little bit of water on them so it's not powdery. Then continue baking)
7. Optional- scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.