1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
I have made this recipe many times and one time I added 1/2 cup of vanilla pudding mix because I had some I wanted to use up and it was DELICIOUS! The powder pudding from a box. Give it a try!
- Slice croissants in half lengthwise; tear bottom halves of croissants into bite sizel pieces.
- Heat bourbon in a small saucepan over low heat; stir in raisins. Remove from heat, and let stand for 10 minutes. Layer croissant pieces evenly in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch
baking. Sprinkle with raisins. Place croissant tops, crust sides up, over mixture.
- Whisk together eggs and sugar. Whisk in cream, vanilla, and salt. Slowly pour mixture over croissant tops; press bread to absorb liquid. Cover; chill 1 hour.
- Place dish into a larger pan. Pour hot water into larger pan, filling half full. I had to skip this step because I didn't have anything that fit my cast iron pan.
- Put all topping ingredients in a bowl and smash together with a fork, then crumble on top of pudding.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until set. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake 15 more minutes. Remove from oven, and remove dish from water pan. Serve warm with Bourbon Sauce.
Paula Deen's Pecan Topping
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
1 cup chopped pecans
Click here for the Rum Sauce Recipe
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
1 cup half and half
1/4 cup sugar
Click to see savings1 tablespoons bourbon
1 tablespoon vanilla
**** I have made this recipe twice, the second time I put 1/2 cup of vanilla pudding in the recipe. It was delicious!! I think everyone should try this addition at least once.
Click to see savings
- Stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water.
- Bring cream and sugar to a boil in a heavy saucepan. Reduce heat to low, and whisk in cornstarch mixture until cream mixture thickens. Remove from heat, and stir in bourbon.