Bacon Endive Tomato Bites
- 1 cup sliced multicolored grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 16 Belgian endive leaves (about 2 heads)
- 2 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled Preparation
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl. Spoon 1 tablespoon tomato mixture in center of each endive leaf; sprinkle evenly with bacon.
I made the Barefoot Contessa's Coconut Macaroons and they were delicious. They are really good when they just get out of the oven!!! I ended up dipping them in chocolate because I thought that the COCONUT haters might like them with chocolate. This recipe was so easy and I will definitely make them again.
Ina's Coconut Macaroons
14 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 extra-large egg whites, at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until they make medium-firm peaks. Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture. Drop the batter onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper using either a 1 3/4-inch diameter ice cream scoop, or 2 teaspoons. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and serve.