8- thin cut pork chops (dice into cubes)
1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes chipotles chilies
1 teaspoon beef bouillon or 1 cube of beef bouillon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 16 oz, jar of chili verde
1/2 small red chili pepper diced
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon red chili powder
1 tablespoon bacon fat ( I always save the bacon fat after I cook bacon and keep it in the refrigerator)
- Cut pork into 1/3-inch cubes; season cubes with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- In a large, heavy pan with lid, brown the cubes in oil.
- Add the can of stewed tomatoes, chili verde, beef bouillon, bacon fat and 1/2 red
- chili pepper and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, cover, and simmer for at least 90 minutes, stirring frequently; add more water (or broth or beer) during cooking if necessary to achieve desired sauce texture
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.