I was just visiting one of my favorite blogs when I stumbled across this recipe. It has all my favorite ingredients so you know I have to try this soon!
- 1 box cake mix (I used Pillsbury Caramel Apple mix)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 1/2 c. apples, chopped
- 1 c. walnuts, choped
- 1/2 c. shredded coconut
- 12 Kraft caramels, cut in half
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 18 additional caramels for caramel drizzle
- Mix dry cake mix and softened butter in a medium mixing bowl. Press into the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch pan.
- Top with chopped apples, walnuts, coconut, caramels, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, until dark golden brown.
- Cool bars, then cut into squares.
- Melt 18 caramels and 1 Tbsp. water in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Drizzle over cut bars, still in pan.