09 February 2016

George Foreman grill

I love my George Foreman Grill.

I have this one and I use it all the time. I grill chicken, bell peppers, onions,
hot dogs, sausage, canned corn, quesadilla's, cheese sandwiches, and panini's
My son eats the grilled chicken for his lunches at school.  This week the chicken is southwest chicken.  That's what I call it at least.


Ingredients
Boneless/skinless chicken breast
1tsp garlic powder
1 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp smoked paprika 
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 cumin
1 tsp rec chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 lime

When I buy my chicken,  I put all the ingredients except lime and salt in a Ziploc bag and freeze it. 
 I always cook my chicken Sunday night so I defrost it on Saturday.  A hour or two before I cook it I put the juice of 1 lime in the chicken bag.   Then I just put the chicken on the grill and sprinkle with the salt.  I do have to flip the chicken...I notice it browns better on the bottom grill.  Total time of the grill is usually 5 to 7 minutes.  Depends on the thickness of chicken.  I always cut into the chicken to make sure it is cooked.   
I slice or shred the chicken and put on top of brown rice.  I usually add cooked carrots or grilled corn to the bowl.  Then I cut cilantro and sprinkle on top.  I package up 5 bowls at a time and that is Michael's lunch for the week.




 photo ers_zpstuzcggzm.jpg










No comments:

Post a Comment