11 February 2016

Chicken Tortellini Soup


recipe adapted from Pampered Chef
I saw this recipe and had to try it...I took a couple taste and wasn't thrilled but I think it is because I had a big lunch and I am so stuffed.  Will try again for dinner and will sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.  If that doesn't work I will had another teaspoon of sesame oil.  Hard to believe put sesame oil taste great in chicken noodle soup.

Ingredients

1 cup carrots sliced
1/2 cup canned corn drained
1/2 cup onions chopped
1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-in. cubes
4 chicken bouillons
7 cups of water
1 cup cheese-filled tortellini, uncooked
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 bay leaf
2 tbsp fresh parsley, snipped
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sesame oil
*** I bought a rotisserie chicken from Costco and used that instead of cooking chicken myself.  I couldn't pass up a Costco chicken...LOVE THEM.

DIRECTIONS 1. Put 7 cups of water and 4 bouillon's in a pot, then add all the sliced vegetables and corn. 
Cook chicken over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add remaining ingredients except parsley. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover; reduce heat. Simmer over medium-low heat 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Meanwhile, snip parsley with Professional Shears. Just before serving, remove bay leaf and stir in parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment