Click here for recipe for spun sugar
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
3 Tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
5 Tablespoons butter, melted
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 to 16 pecan halves
- In a small bowl, combine first 5 ingredients; stir in butter. Press into the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan; chill.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the pumpkin, spices and salt.
- Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
- For the topping, combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over filling; return to the oven for 5 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish each slice with a pecan half and spun sugar if you decide to make it. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16 servings.