Lemon and Blueberry muffins
Recipe adapted from BBC Food
This month "Have the Cake" monthly challenge is cupcakes, popovers and muffins. I am trying to diet...so I made muffins. I found two recipes that looked really good...I couldn't decide so I made both. I am posting both the recipes on my blog because they were both great. But I am posting my husbands favorite on "Have the Cake."
Ingredients1/2 cup butter
1 cup self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 tsp for sprinkling
1/2 cup blueberries
1 tbsp lemon juicezest from 1 lemon
5fl oz lemon yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a 12-hole deep muffin tin with paper cases.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a low heat then set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir in the sugar, blueberries and lemon zest. Make a well in the center.
- Beat the eggs with a whisk until smooth then beat in the yogurt, milk and melted butter until well combined. Stir into the flour mixture with a large metal spoon until very lightly mixed.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cases. Place a teaspoon of the lemon curd on top of each one and sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Bake for 20 minutes or until well risen and golden-brown. Serve warm or allow to cool on a wire rack. (The lemon curd will be very hot, so don’t eat as soon as they come out of the oven.)
I had extra crumble left over from the Awesome Blueberry recipe so
I put it on top of the Lemon and Blueberry muffins.
Recipe adapted from Food.com
1 1/2 Cup all- purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice + 1 tsp lemon zest
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.