Recipe from "The Best Laid Plans"
I found this great recipe on "The Best Laid Plans," Blog. Not only does she have great recipes but here is a hand made Scarf. This will be my next project, I just need to go through my old shirts.
Now back to the Pumpkin Delight, both my sons loved it, but Trevor surprised me because he hasn't been eating any of my pumpkin dishes lately. He asked for 5 servings, I only gave him 2. I recommend this to anyone that likes pumpkin, it is one of the easiest desserts and very delicious. I will definitely make it for Thanksgiving.
1 Duncan Hines Butter Yellow Cake Mix
1 15 ounce pumpkin puree
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 8 ounce Cool Whip
1 cup Heath Bits
Caramel Sauce - I use Hershey's squirt bottle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put pumpkin puree in a medium mixing bowl and slowly add cake mix while mixing. Pour in to a sprayed 9 x 13 baking pan or casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in to the cake.
- Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake evenly.
- Cool for a minimum of 30 minutes. I let mine cool a couple of hours because I had other things to do.
- Spread Cool Whip over the top of the cake.
- Drizzle the caramel syrup over the top. I used a zig zag motion.
- Sprinkle Heath bits.
- Chill for at least 3 hours but can be chilled overnight.