19 November 2012

New Jersey Crumb Cake


                                 Recipe adapted from comfycuisine
I saw this coffee cake yesterday and had to make it right away.  I am so glad I didn't wait a day longer, this is amazing!! 
Ingredients
  • 2 Tbsp. canola oil
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup light-brown sugar
  • 1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted and cooled
  • 1/4 chopped walnuts
  • Confectioner's sugar for dusting
I made a Maple Glaze but it really doesn't need a glaze, it was more for show.
Glaze
1/4 powdered sugar
1 to 2 table maple syrup.
Mix together and drizzle on top of coffee cake.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8 x 8 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside. In a medium bowl, sift together 1-1/2 cups flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. In a second bowl, whisk together egg, milk, canola oil and vanilla. Fold dry ingredients into egg mixture.

Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. In a medium bowl, combining remaining 2-1/2 cups flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Pour melted butter over flour mixture and toss together until large crumbs form. Sprinkle crumbs over batter.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Dust liberally with confectioner's sugar. Cut into squares.


signnow




I am very happy to say that ONE MORE TIME featured these sweet treats, very cool!

These is the Best coffee cake I have made, and a couple years ago I made a lot of Coffee Cakes.

11 comments:

  1. So glad you liked it Rhonda! Our bakery nearby closed down and I used to look forward to these "crumb buns" on Sunday. Now we can make our own! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Crumb Buns, that is a good name for these. Thank you for sharing this amazing recipe!

      Delete
  2. thanks for linking your salsa post in to Food on Friday, Rhonda. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi... Just stopping by to let you know you have been featured at One More Time Events

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, you have made my day!!! I really appreciate the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you will love it Jamie, I know we did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this, but it looks YUMMY! Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana~ this is the BEST coffe/crumb cake I have ever had!!!! This is a must try, at least I think so. :)

      Delete