15 September 2012

Breakfast Casserole


Ingredients

7 eggs
1 can evaporated milk
1 1/2  Cup Cheddar Cheese
1 - 3oz. can dice green chili's
1 red bell pepper
1 onion
1 package of bacon or 1 lb package of sausage (10 links)
1- 20 oz. package of Simply Potatoes or frozen hash brown
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch rectangle baking dish.
  2.  Cook sausage over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
  3.  Beat the eggs, milk, 1/2 cup of the cheese, onions, red bell pepper, green chili, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper together.
  4.  Layer the ingredients in the prepared baking dish in this order:
  5.  1st layer -sliced, diced or shredded potatoes,  2nd layer -sausage, 3rd layer - the egg mixture.  Top with 1 cup of cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt.  
  6. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the casserole comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Thanks for spending some of your day with me, Rhonda

My friend Dawn is driving a hour and a half to help keep the lakes clean. She is bringing her daughters with her and I know after picking up trash for 3 hours she is going to be hungry. I want something filling and fast, so I made a breakfast casserole.
*** Note to self ~ make sure you put the timer on always! I am so tired of over cooking everything. I accidently cooked this for a hour and a half. Thank Goodness, it is fine and taste great. This is actually the second batch I make this week. The first batch I forgot to cover with foil and the cheese was brown and crunchy, which is my favorite but doesn't look good in pictures.

Ingredients

2 comments:

  1. My kids would love this....I should try this one =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this recipe and so does Buster. It was so funny. When I went to serve us the sausage casserole, Someone had picked all the top part off and left only the sliced potatoes. I thought it was Mike or one of the boys. When I asked them and they all said they didn't do it. I realized it was Buster!

    ReplyDelete