27 August 2012

Rice Crispy Sushi



Kids and some adults go crazy for Rice Crispy Sushi.

 Click here for the directions There are a lot of different ways to make sushi.  I have tried them all and they are all great.
Click here to see a great you tube video with instructions.

Directions
1.  I made Rice Crispy treats and rolled them out to 3/4 in. thick
2.  Then I used a glass or a round cookie cutter and cut them into circles.
3.  I use butter or powdered sugar to work with the rice crispy.  It keeps them from sticking to your cookie cutter or round glass.
4.  I wrapped a fruit roll up (foot long) around them, topped them with a Swedish fish  and tied
another thin strip of the foot long roll up around the sushi.
 I found that tying the knot is hard and now
I just tuck the fruit roll up string under the sushi.  It is much easier.

3 comments:

  1. Loved the rice crispy sushi...made them for my daughters class. i think the adults were more impressed than the 7th graders though...cutest idea!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys would get a kick out of this! :) Thanks for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends. I'm looking forward to seeing what you share this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dawn and Jamie, I love theses Sweet Treats and so do the kids.

    ReplyDelete